Rugby Club admission fee - a joke!

This forum is a community resource for the people of St Davids and those in the wider world with an interest in the city. Please respect your fellow users and refrain from posting anything that could be considered offensive by the community.
This forum is intended for non commercial use if you wish to promote your goods or services please contact the Webjanitor.
Mae'r bwrdd neges hwn yn modd i bobl Tyddewi ac i'r rhai hynny sydd a ddiddordeb yn y ddinas. Byddwch yn barchus i'ch cyd-defnyddwyr a pheidiwch postio unrhyw beth a fydd yn atgasu'r cymdeithas.
Open forum
Register to become a Member and gain extra options.
Magic_Man
doeth

Rugby Club admission fee - a joke!

Post by Magic_Man » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:41 pm

I trundled over to the 'Clwb maseeve' the other week, contemplating whether it was worth paying the extortionate £4 entrance fee which I have struggled to come to terms with since it was raised.

To my utter astonishment and horror, it turns out the price has risen to a staggering £5 pounds. You could get into clubs in Cardiff for less than that, which are not essentially a cow shed with a bar and music.

If the place offered drinks deals, pretty women, and comfortable seating I could understand. The club already struggles to reach capacity more than twice a year, therefore offering a further disincentive on top of the expensive out-of-date booze and already over-priced entrance fee is ludicrous to say the least.

Kids in school can't afford to pay this comical fee, and students who have been away and experienced clubs that offer value for money will only turn up once for a 'friends reunited' session and then go elsewhere. Even the Jaffa club now seems a reasonable alternative for the first time in an eternity. When tourists seek the clubs in St. Davids this Summer, will they choose the cheap option or the fiver-for-f**k-all club?

:roll:
Last edited by Magic_Man on Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

suggs
adlam

Post by suggs » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:22 pm

the rafa clubs rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

goose
croeso

Post by goose » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:54 pm

i totally agree with magic_man. this price is a bit steep. yes, i would be happy to pay the pricely sum of fiver if the club had something more to offer than a 4 hour dance, pricey drinks and it being the usual st davids crew hangout. dare i say it... maybe the raffa wouldnt be such a bad alternative after all? if the club had a complete makeover, new soundsystem, new club equipment, dance floor, ...... staff :P then perhaps the sum of a fiver wouldnt be too bad, BUT we all know that this will not happen in the near future. this could be the call the raffa needed? with a few more improvements there to up it a notch ( or as its needed a big F*cking change) then the raffa could be the new club massive. but once again the chances of that happening are about the same as kelly brook coming in here now, sitting on my lap and begging me for my hot masculine body that has won numerous mr universe competitions...... ye i dont think so either. the club need to offer more before they can begin charging a ludicrous entrance fee for something not worth it. for many, the money spent on entry, food and taxi home ( not including the over priced drinks there £2.70+ for wkd, get real!) would equal a wicked night on the town in cardiff which would probably have got u more pissed and with better music to dance to while u chat to some hot bird who comments on the low price of booze. this increase in price is daft, and i wouldnt be suprsied if things go more expensive there in the summer, clubs way of enticing tourists and locals there to rid debt? YE RIGHT! once again well done rugby club youve done me proud :roll:

for now as there is currently no other option ill be venturing there for a few saturday night, but as im sure many others would think.... for how long? my guess is not long as town, fishguard or even the jaffa club could soon seem a better option.

suggs
adlam

Post by suggs » Thu May 04, 2006 5:57 pm

:D £3 POUND FOR THE RAFA A BLOODY BARGAIN AND A FAR BETTER NIGHT :D

Magic_Man
doeth

Post by Magic_Man » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:38 pm

I was chatting to some tourists last night who said the Rafa was a good crack. There was a time when you would have to be on crack to enjoy that place, but such is the appaulingly high admission fee at the club, the Rafa will poach regular club-goers.

It turns out the club now offers a form of drinks promotion; warm cans of Stella at £1.70. Bargain! :roll: :roll:

I hear a rumour that the Club are considering the appointment of a manager to improve the place. The sooner this plan is implemented the better.