Is there anybody out there??

This forum is a community resource for the people of St Davids and those in the wider world with an interest in the city. Please respect your fellow users and refrain from posting anything that could be considered offensive by the community.
This forum is intended for non commercial use if you wish to promote your goods or services please contact the Webjanitor.
Mae'r bwrdd neges hwn yn modd i bobl Tyddewi ac i'r rhai hynny sydd a ddiddordeb yn y ddinas. Byddwch yn barchus i'ch cyd-defnyddwyr a pheidiwch postio unrhyw beth a fydd yn atgasu'r cymdeithas.
Open forum
Register to become a Member and gain extra options.
the beast
doeth

Is there anybody out there??

Post by the beast » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:18 pm

Has everone made thier holiday plans for the same time?

Noone seems to use the site with any regularity anymore.........SAD!!

Whats the weather like in St Davids, where i am its 42 degrees most days.

We are halfway through 7 nights of fireworks and rock concerts to celebrate the towns '' Fiesta Major'' and will have had over 700,000 visitors by the end of this week. In a coastal resort of 40,000 people normally, you can surmise its a tad hectic to say the least.

What sort of number of visitors does your place get throughout the summer??

Be safe!

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:54 pm

I sometimes wonder about the people of St Davids, and their committment to anything. The Army did a band perfomance last Friday night in the Bishops Palace, in aid on the Army Benevolent fund,one soldier recently died from Brawdy barracks, about 5 miles away. I recognised 3 locals there [apart from my family] Sad. Even if they dont approve of what they have been ordered to do,its no excuse not to show respect.

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:16 pm

So, Bobby, Brawdy is now an army barracks. When i lived there it was in transition from Naval to RAF base. 1971/2

As the site is soo well set up i am really surprised that more locals and or ex-pate are not on it more?

The city and surrounding areas should be well stocked with tourists by now??

Does the potatoe picking season still happen around you, i remember as a schoolkid making a forytune doing that.

Be safe!

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:13 pm

There are certainly plenty of tourists here at the moment beast,in fact at times its hard to cross the road by the City Hall,there are that many cars. Potatoes are still grown here of course, but there aren't many travellers now to pick them, there is a lot of automation.
Brawdy came an Army camp,about 7 years ago,or so, when the RAF left. There has only been one "open day" since they took over,but now and again we have a marching band, with all the freedom things.