The Welsh

This forum is a community resource for the people of St Davids and those in the wider world with an interest in the city. Please respect your fellow users and refrain from posting anything that could be considered offensive by the community.
This forum is intended for non commercial use if you wish to promote your goods or services please contact the Webjanitor.
Mae'r bwrdd neges hwn yn modd i bobl Tyddewi ac i'r rhai hynny sydd a ddiddordeb yn y ddinas. Byddwch yn barchus i'ch cyd-defnyddwyr a pheidiwch postio unrhyw beth a fydd yn atgasu'r cymdeithas.
Open forum
Register to become a Member and gain extra options.
prancer
Site Admin

The Welsh

Post by prancer » Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:58 pm

As an English ex-pat having lived in Wales for some time now, I feel my observations have a certain validity.
The Welsh are generally a hard working race (with the odd pocket of exceptions) and make damn fine soldiers. Some of the Welsh regiments have proved amongst the best in the world - with white officers, of course.
Prancing is for dancers, masking is for liars.

webjanitor
Site Admin

Post by webjanitor » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:05 pm

rubs eyes in disbelief

yep it really does say that

lost for words

lewdnuance
doeth

Post by lewdnuance » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:44 am

Why would you be so shocked Mr Janitor, are you suggesting the Welsh are not a hard working people? Or do you have a problem with some of their fine regiments? Don't be so sneery, I for one applaud this obviously heartfelt attempt to pay tribute to our Celtic chums, just because Prancer wears his heart on his sleeve, don't be too post-modern about real emotion.

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:20 pm

I believe that it should read ''heart on her sleeve'' as i have to trust to instincts that me lady Prancer is surely of ther fairer gender.

Be safe!

Magic_Man
doeth

Post by Magic_Man » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:18 pm

lewdnuance wrote:Why would you be so shocked Mr Janitor, are you suggesting the Welsh are not a hard working people? Or do you have a problem with some of their fine regiments? Don't be so sneery, I for one applaud this obviously heartfelt attempt to pay tribute to our Celtic chums, just because Prancer wears his heart on his sleeve, don't be too post-modern about real emotion.

He rubbed his eyes in disbelief because Prancer is normally a Welsh-bashing moron.

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:13 pm

These great hairy paws mashing the keypad certainly give a hint of masculinity Mr Beast.
As for bashing the Welsh, presuming that's not some prison slang you picked up on the seedier parts of your travels, I stand proudly as a lover of all things dragonesque, why else would I be trying to buy so many properties in ST Davids? Come now, let's put aside these petty misunderstandings and acknowledge my original post was meant in a genuine spirit of admiration.

webjanitor
Site Admin

Post by webjanitor » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:57 pm

with white officers, of course
seriously shocked

Magic_Man
doeth

Post by Magic_Man » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:03 pm

prancer wrote:presuming that's not some prison slang you picked up on the seedier parts of your travels

Lets hope your travels don't lead you to sow your seeds in St. Davids.

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:43 am

The funniest part is you really felt you had to explain it to them!

lewdnuance
doeth

Post by lewdnuance » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:32 pm

Explain what?
Am I just slow on the uptake, or is there more to this than meets the eye? This place is hard to judge sometimes, so many in-jokes, I never know when you guys are serious.

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:35 pm

Are you still up to renting in the closed season for reasonable prices Prancer???

Be safe!

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:44 pm

All my rates are reasonable, I might even consider paying in kind!!
The odd job here and there would be most welcome, perhaps a glass of lemonade is carried out after a hard day's toil, a brush of a sweaty arm brings a tingle, and who knows where it might lead.
Othe than that 75 quid flat rate lecy thrown in.

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:09 am

Alas, the distance betwixt us doeth not lend to help in the maintenence department.
But should you not be adverse to an investment ( financially) to help you secure more quaint homes in the Pembs area with a view to renting or leasing, i should be most willing to participate in the purchase of said properties!

I have an army of Catalan labourers ready and eager to decend on the land of the celts and disfruta ( enjoy ) the easy and laid back lifestyle i recall from years ago!

Be safe!

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:48 am

Sadly that laid back lifestyle can get the better of some of them, but there are still plenty of the little boogers who like to do an honest day's work.