The Fegg Diaries

This forum is a community resource for the people of St Davids and those in the wider world with an interest in the city. Please respect your fellow users and refrain from posting anything that could be considered offensive by the community.
This forum is intended for non commercial use if you wish to promote your goods or services please contact the Webjanitor.
Mae'r bwrdd neges hwn yn modd i bobl Tyddewi ac i'r rhai hynny sydd a ddiddordeb yn y ddinas. Byddwch yn barchus i'ch cyd-defnyddwyr a pheidiwch postio unrhyw beth a fydd yn atgasu'r cymdeithas.
Open forum
Register to become a Member and gain extra options.
Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:23 pm

I have often thought that people who claim to be Christian, most probably arent,[although as you say, we shouldnt judge others]. None of us are perfect,and the person who claims they are trying to be Christian, gets my vote,life goes on, difficulties arise, could I have handled it better, have I failed to help someone I could,these and others surely are the thoughts of people trying to be Christian. We all fall short,but some fall a lot shorter than others

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:41 am

The tradition of the saints from the very beginning has always been to adopt the state of mind "Iam the least of all, I am the greatest sinner". Humillity is a hard virtue to cultivate, but is the basis of the true Christian life. So yes, some do fall shorter than others, but none more so than I.
Prancing is for dancers, masking is for liars.

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:04 pm

I never doubted you are a humble chap Prancer! :lol:

I spent many happy times wandering around the ruins next to the Cathederal..........But can't remember what religion is ordained in the Cathederal?

Being baptised in the Catholic faith myself, i still went to mass and services in St Davids......on special occasions!

PS. How is the Rugby club doing in its social scene? I recall it being a contentious subject within the younger community?

Be safe! :wink:

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:06 pm

It should of course read Cathedral!

Be safe! :roll:

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:39 pm

The Cathedral, is Anglican, part of "The Church In Wales" It seperated from the Church Of England, just after the Great War, about 1919/1920. It was proposed earlier,but the Great War intervened. They actually feared the same situation would arise in Wales,as that in Ireland, if Wales didnt have its own church. Why it is the Church IN Wales, rather than OF wales, I dont know.
I dont know why the Anglican church doesnt make Saint either, but recognises the one made by the Roman Catholic Church.

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:42 am

No, sadly I am far from humble, but I do know it, just as I know many other faults (such as spending work time on the internet).

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:08 pm

:?

Prancer............What is with the ''site admin'' below your avatar??

Be safe!

lewdnuance
doeth

Post by lewdnuance » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:27 am

Yea, well spotted, what does it mean Prancer? I think we've got to the bottom of something here, IS PRANCER THE WEB JANITOR? If so, it would explain why the latter hasn't "appeared" here much lately.
Let's out the Janitior/Prancer!!
Sometimes we have stop turning away, sometimes the good people have to make a stand!

lewdnuance
doeth

Post by lewdnuance » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:30 am

In fact, look at his avatar, the head turned away to conceal his identity, it was staring us in the face all along!
Sometimes we have stop turning away, sometimes the good people have to make a stand!

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:20 am

Hey Bobby, your question about Anglicanism and saints is aninteresting one, I'll try to be brief.
The Reformational churches not only split from Roman Catholicism as an institution, but also rejected some of its teaching. Christians have aLWAYS prayed for the dead, despite what evangelicals believe today, but the Protestant reformers felt that once someone died their fate was sealed, and so prayers said for them were not only pointless, but reflected heretical belief. Part of the Catholic (Roman & Orthodox) teaching was always that some people need our prayers because we can't be sure what has happened to them after death, while others lived such holy lives that we can with some confidence say that they are now in heaven with God. Since one of the ways Christians on earth express their love for oneanother is by praying for each other, the logical conclusion was that these "saints" would continue praying for the church on earth. Since they are holy, and since they are believed to be in heaven, then their prayers are considered particularly powerful.
The Anglican church has, since the Tractarian movement in Oxford, had a strong Anglo-catholic wing which has looked to Rome for guidance and theology. But even beyond this group Anglicans have tried to amintain that they are reformed but still catholic (a claim which many recognised as having to come to an end once it made the independent decision to ordain wome to the priesthood) and so there has been a tradition of celebrating saints' days, but living with the reality that they do not have the papal authority to canonise new saints.
Of course the Orthodox Church remains untouched by all of this, they had no schism (reformation), they remain true to their ancient and unchanged beliefs, including those about saints and the destiny of those who have died. The Orthodox Church often has local saints recognised by a town or even a village, often unknown beyond the local people.
I can't be bothered to check for typing errors, so there you have it.

As for the "Site Admin" thing, I'm afraid it wouldn't be wise for me to explain that right now.

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:34 am

:lol:

Well, after all the speculation and controversy............All the questions and opinions?

All the conspiracy thories..........Fegg gas been outed!!

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:36 am

Well, if you are the WJ......sort out your clock cos the time i have just posted is 13.31 european!

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:45 am

Many thanks for your interesting answer prancer. The history of the church,is fascinating.But its a pity they sometimes seem to forget who formed them and why! Some are so wrapped up in themselves and their buildings.
I have heard it said,if Christ turned up at a church today[especially a pretigious one] he would be told to leave.

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:39 pm

I'm afraid I'm not the WJ, i was at his place when I registered however, and hence the tag - sorry the truth in this case is less than exciting. Don't know where he is these days though.

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:19 pm

:?:

Whaddaya mean Prancer??

You were at his place whereupon you registered?

He was a mate of yours?

Don't know where he is now?

How does the site keep going?
Someone must be paying for it?

Lots a questions eh! You'd think i was a policeman!

Still, its intirguing isn't it!

Shall we ask Fegg?

What do you think Bobby?
Sue, do you have an opinion? You were close weren't you?

All bodes well for a mystery!

Answers on a postcard please!

Be safe! :wink: :wink:

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:01 am

To sum it all up, I'm a rent boy, and one of the perks of my job is to use people's computers while they're sleeping. I came across this site riffling though one of client's files, and took a fancy to it.
If he ever uses our company again, maybe I will meet the WJ, but our prices have recently rocketed, and a lot of our customers tend to be southerners these days (which is fine by me and the boys because it's less painful, as we all know, southerners have smaller winkies).

Sue
doeth

Post by Sue » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:57 am

We argued. Which is probably what constitues a marriage for some people. Oh dear...

lewdnuance
doeth

Post by lewdnuance » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:36 pm

Come on Sue, I seem to remember you two mentioning a past, or something like that, surely that means you too are part of this inner circle which is slowly revealing itself before our eyes.
This is all getting very interesting, I must say.

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:03 pm

Aye! Lewdnuance!

Methinks tis true, this 'PAST' you mention!

I've been perusing old posts from yesteryear..........and mysterious it is!

We know OUR Sue is soliciting from time to time ( and conveyncing )??

And Fegg was into real eastate ( well he did go on a bit about 2nd homes once )!

Perhaps they really did have a ' Thing ' going on??

Senor Prancer, i wholeheartedly concur that the southern softies tend to waine on the winkle side..........Or so my missus keeps telling me????

Be safe!

lewdnuance
doeth

Post by lewdnuance » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:34 am

I'm afraid my personal knowledge of other men's winkies is limited, but what little experience I have certainly backs up this southerner idea.