The Fegg Diaries

This forum is a community resource for the people of St Davids and those in the wider world with an interest in the city. Please respect your fellow users and refrain from posting anything that could be considered offensive by the community.
This forum is intended for non commercial use if you wish to promote your goods or services please contact the Webjanitor.
Mae'r bwrdd neges hwn yn modd i bobl Tyddewi ac i'r rhai hynny sydd a ddiddordeb yn y ddinas. Byddwch yn barchus i'ch cyd-defnyddwyr a pheidiwch postio unrhyw beth a fydd yn atgasu'r cymdeithas.
Open forum
Register to become a Member and gain extra options.
prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:36 am

I'm pleased for you that you have the knind of relationship where your wife is able to not only discuss her experience of other men's penises, but to then make a comparison between yours and theirs - a comparison which you subsequently come off worse in. All power to you my steely nerved friend.
Prancing is for dancers, masking is for liars.

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:00 pm

"It aint what you do,its the way that you do it,and thats what gets results" as the old song says!

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:31 pm

[quote="prancer"]I'm pleased for you that you have the knind of relationship where your wife is able to not only discuss her experience of other men's penises, but to then make a comparison between yours and theirs - a comparison which you subsequently come off worse in. All power to you my steely nerved friend.[/quote]

Prancer, i stand back in amazement....You surmise too much!

My wifes knowledge of other mens winkles?? Nay sir!

I only implied that gossip she impaired was sourced in changing room whispers....She assures me that this is so!!

AND I believe her!!

Yours, your SNF!

Be safe! :oops:

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:17 pm

If I have suggested anything untoward about your good lady wife please forgive me, I retract the implication, I clearly read too much into your confession - that said though...photos?

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:40 am

Prancer my Man!

Are you implying that i have somehow, surepticiously, obtained incriminating photographic evidence ( through a third party of course ), of my spouse in compromising positions..........

Which, in the near future, i will be presenting at a meeting with her lawyers......

Where i hope to confirm the fact of myself being the sole proprieter of a large, well proportioned, well positioned holiday cottage in Broadhaven ( Pembs ), as well as a highly desirable, static ( executive lodge ) on Newgale beachfront............

Whilst the rest of our joint possesions are being divvied up during our pending divorce proceedings??

Yours, your steely nerved internet posting buddy!

Be safe!

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:29 am

No, not at all, I was rather hoping you'd post them here.

lewdnuance
doeth

Post by lewdnuance » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:41 am

On a serious note, what's your opinion on the threat of Islam to our liberal way of life? Do the inherrent weaknesses of our society produced by our liberalism make us an easy take-over, or is this five hundred year old movement merely a flash in the pan?
Sometimes we have stop turning away, sometimes the good people have to make a stand!

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:09 am

The threat of violence is too great for me to express my opinion on the matter, I fear bombs, knives and fists more than I fear not being able to freely express my opinion - does that mean it's already over!

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:21 pm

8)

I'm a pacifist at heart.......................

But i'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize!

Be safe! :wink:

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:44 pm

:?

On a more serious note, as you say!

The state of the uk is now plain for all to see and the reasons for this are political history as are the people who made the contencious decisions at the time, in the past.....History!

What has been left is a dangerous legacy which has been inflamed by global politics, ideals and conflicts........and needs to be sorted!

Now the precarious state of the uk is mirrored in nearly every country in Europe, albeit not as gravely, at the moment.

No community/country/nation that has, for one and a half thousand years, evolved under the umbrella of one religious belief, can logically open its arms to the influx of so many others, so diverse from their own, without the risk of confrontation.

Yet the european nations did thus 50/60 yrs ago, after yet another global conflict!

Since then, other conflicts/wars have added heavily to the differences in beliefs and the state of the uk is the outcome.

Now the solution to this problem is sadly impossible without resorting to more obvious conflict.

What is slowly happening amongst the so-called leaders of these nations, is that they are reluctantly coming to terms with the fact that there is no peaceful solution.....and confrontation, of a sort, is the only way forward!

But....decisions like that are not PC, they are not allowed to happen in the eyes of a civilised society.

The times we live in are different to any other and more dangerous, which means different and dangerous political decisions must be made to find solutions to these problems!

This is called geo-politics, it means in other words, the world moves on, you have to go with the flow, because it is a new situation, new problems arise, therefore new decisions and solutions must be found.....And if these decisions offend, or hurt, so be it! To defend what you have evolved to become over thousands of years, then they must!

Be safe! 8)

Sue
doeth

Post by Sue » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:58 pm

Are you suggesting we start a war with someone? :?

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:16 pm

There were of course the "Christian" crusades,the Spanish Inquisition,etc all done to force people to become Christian,all in the name of Christ, of course! But the Christian church, has grown up to accept this is wrong,albeit it is still not perfect. But a religion that has in its writings that un-believers should be put to death, and keeps women subjugated,is one we at the very least should be beware of!

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:35 am

First, it's incorrect to refer to the crusades as something the "Christian Church" did. The Orthodox Church suffered at the hands of the crusaders, many slaughtered by them. The crusades were about recapturing the Holy land from the the occupation of the Muslims who had previously invaded and taken it by force! Second, the intention was never to force conversion of faith by the sword, even the theology of the crusaders wasn't that misguided, it was land and profit in the name of Rome, pure and simple.
Islam is different because if you're a Muslim and you convert, the Qu'ran states that the offender must be given the opportunity to repent otherwise the penalty is death. Hence the persecution of so many Christians in Muslim countries - there is even a legitimate charity called the Barnabas Fund whose sole purpose is to work for Christians who are mistreated under Islam, been going for years.
The real difference I am trying to draw out is that the actions of the crusaders were indeed done in the name of their faith, but were rejected by the mainstream traditional Christians of the Orthodox Church, whereas the actions of Muslims are the required response according to the actual doctrines of the Islamic faith.

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:47 am

I am not a historian Prancer so I cant really comment much on what you say,but I do know the Christian Church has done some bad things officially as it were in the past,icluding holing up nuns,in a cell in church,against their will;there is a name for it. But the bible also says things,which if I said them, I would be commiting a crime. Read Leviticus 20 verses12 to 17. And while we may [or may not!]dissaprove if I put that on a placard,I would be arrested as well. But the Christian Church has largely overcome this by the words of Christ,that we should love each other.

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:08 pm

Sue wrote:Are you suggesting we start a war with someone? :?
:(

No Sue!

The war has already been declared! And if you cannot see that, you are ensconsed in your own safe, secular world.

I talked Geo-politics, which enherantly meand geo-conflicts. The religion of Islam is forcing itself on the western world, by whatever means are deemed etc....etc......

The christian world can either sit back and cope with it as and when it arises or it can stop it !!!

Be safe!

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:45 am

Read "The Sword and The prophet" for the real history of Islam, just terrifying, it is going to hit us hard.

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:18 am

But,are we a Christian country any more? How many go to church? On a Sunday,at the 930 am service,in the Cathedral,there are not many locals at all,we have lost a Chapel recently,and the attendance at the others is not high. I know you dont have to be a Church goer, to be a Christian, but this community is hardly Christian in general,vis the gossip that goes around when things go wrong in peoples live. Even almost a decade on,following our family problems,there are people who wont even look at me,and some do that even in church. Never mind the general amount of anti-social behaviour,and unhelpfullness by some. I have had to involve the Police, because of some peoples behaviour to us.
Wales has been described as the least religious country in Europe,the only way another religion could take over, is if we let them.

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:55 am

I recently read an interesting quote, when asked "What is a Christian" one of the elders at Optina monastary replied "someone in whom Christ lives."
I think that about sums it up, only God really knows to whom this description can be applied, so let go of the desire or need to work it out for yourself, live out your beliefs/faith in the way you believe is right, and if there is a judgement day we'll see how far from the mark we are!
As for not having to go to church to be a Christian, this modern idea is heresy, you cannot live the christian life in isolation, countless saints have testified to the truth of this, and at the heart of Christian community there must be worship, which, unless you belong to a "house church", entails attendance at church.
It is a protestant mistake to individualise Christianity, it is a corporate faith that requires belonging to the Body. Of course you don't have to believe or accept this, noone should be forced to believe anything, but if you reject the teaching of the Apostolic Church don't then try to speak as one belonging to it - not that I'm suggesting that's what you personally are doing, I am merely stating the facts of this matter. Obedience to God does entail a certain humility, particularly here in the west in terms of intelectual obedience. We find it hard to submit our mind to the teachings of the Church because we are raised to imagine that "my" thoughts must be the free thoughts, "my" choices must be the free choices. Whereas Christianity has always understood the mind's imagination to be fallen, imperfect, sinful, and hence more likely to misdierct one than to lead to truth. So submission here can sometimes mean bending the stiff neck of our western freethinking liberalism and recognising that there is a greater body of knowledge and tradition which contains a greater amount of revealed truth than we could ever reason or discover for ourselves.
As for the poor behaviour of those around us, even beyond not judging our brother, and being concerned with the log in our own eye and not the splinter in our neighbour's, it is a little naive to imagine that everyone who recognises something of the truth of a particular faith will suddenly be perfected - transfiguration is not an over-night event in most of our lives, and for many years, even all of our years, we struggle on with the weakness of sin that each of us is burdened with.

lewdnuance
doeth

Post by lewdnuance » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:03 am

Lighten up
Sometimes we have stop turning away, sometimes the good people have to make a stand!

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:39 am

I agree with you prancer, we dont automatically become perfect if we say we are Christian,but if someone calls you names in the street, they are not trying very hard!

I see an Iranian woman living over here has been condemned to death if she returns, for converting to Christianity.