The Fegg Diaries

This forum is a community resource for the people of St Davids and those in the wider world with an interest in the city. Please respect your fellow users and refrain from posting anything that could be considered offensive by the community.
This forum is intended for non commercial use if you wish to promote your goods or services please contact the Webjanitor.
Mae'r bwrdd neges hwn yn modd i bobl Tyddewi ac i'r rhai hynny sydd a ddiddordeb yn y ddinas. Byddwch yn barchus i'ch cyd-defnyddwyr a pheidiwch postio unrhyw beth a fydd yn atgasu'r cymdeithas.
Open forum
Register to become a Member and gain extra options.
prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:30 am

Yes, despite what the so-called moderate Muslims would have you believe, and our media too of course, Islamic law does specify that to convert from Islam to any other faith is apostacy punishable by death, hence the recent murders in Birmingham of such converts. Those who are already of another faith become non-persons, unable to vote, give evidence considered equal to a Muslim's, or run certain kinds of business. Proslotisation or the building of new places of worship is strictly forbidden.
Despite the oil rich countries of the gulf, NOT ONE Muslim nation appears in the international figures for a country whose average national income is in the top ten of earners - just another economic reality to this movement of "compassion". It's later than you think!
Prancing is for dancers, masking is for liars.

webjanitor
Site Admin

Post by webjanitor » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:42 pm

Every man who publicly acknowledges me I shall acknowledge in the presence of my Father in Heaven, but the man who disowns me before men I shall disown before my Father in Heaven

Never think I have come to bring peace upon the earth. No, I have not come to bring peace but a sword! For I have come to set a man against his own father, a daughter against her own mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. A man's enemies will be those who live in his own house.

Anyone who puts his love for father or mother above his love for me does not deserve to be mine, and he who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me, and neither is the man who refuses to take up his cross and follow my way. The man who has found his own life will lose it, but the man who has lost it for my sake will find it

discuss

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:33 pm

But if you read the rest of Matthew, you can interperet another meaning!!

Whoever welcomes you, welcomes Me, and whoever welcomes Me is welcoming Him who sent Me. Whoever welcomes a prophet because he is a prophet will get a prophet's reward. And whoever welcomes a good man because he is a good man will get a good man's reward. Believe Me, anyone who gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones, just because he is My disciple, will by no means lose his reward.

That is the great subterfuge of religious writings, none of which we have in print are original. they are all interpretations of many translators and religious people who had their own ideas and beliefs at the time of re-writing or translating!

So, as far as i am concerned......religion is to each and everyone of us, totally individual......and how one lives one life and how one feels how one has lived ones life....is the only thing that matters....Because noone can judge you better than yourself!

Be safe!

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:23 pm

Again, the modern ulta-individualism applied to religion. Which is fine if that's what you choose, but it isn't in any way compatible with the great faiths,least of all Chrisitianity. The idea of the "Church" is central to the Christian understaning of salvation, we cannot live except joined to Christ, and the Church is the sacramental Body of Christ. The sacraments are not some optional add-on, but an integral part of God's healing of humanity of sin.
The danger with trusting your own vision/feeling/judgement is that being a sinful/fallen creature we are all often mistaken. To reject the revealed will of God through the centuries as found in the lives of the saints and the doctrinal teaching of the Church and imagine you can somehow start from scratch and begin it all for yourself is quite some idea. Or perhaps I'm misreading your approach, if so sorry, I know there are also many today here in the west who take the pick and mix approach, selecting those aspects of different beliefs and faiths that seem to fit or feel right for themself.
Whatever your reaction to the things you resent about the historical church, and I too share in your misgivings about what powerful people have got up to, sometimes manipulating people's faith to suit their own ends, remeber that the image of Christianity most people have in this country is only partial because they have only encountered the reformed or Roman denominations. There is still the Church in the world with its unbroken line to Christ that has maintained its beliefs and worship untouched by the fads and moods of culture and rationalism. Of course I'm talking about the Orthodox Church.

As for the quotes above, those experiencing persecution certainly know how far the sword has been raised as a result of Christ's Gospel, in Russia many Christians were turned in by family memebers (of the 300,000 priests in Russia, 200,000 were murdered by the communists!). Christ was a devout Jew, fully aware of the place of the family within Jewish life, and so here he is making the powerful and shocking statement that even mother , father, sister or child must come second to one's seeking of God's Kingdom, there can be no greater priority in life. As St Seraphim of Sarov famously said, "If one man finds peace then a thousand may be saved." Seek Ye first the Kingdom of God and all else will be given to you. Not in the materialistic worldly sense of course, but spiritually.

lewdnuance
doeth

Post by lewdnuance » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:40 pm

I prefered Prancer's earlier funny stuff.
Sometimes we have stop turning away, sometimes the good people have to make a stand!

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:18 pm

:wink:

Aye!

Let us venture forth unto pastures new and try and inject a tad of levity........shall we??

Be safe!

Sue
doeth

Post by Sue » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:03 am

Well, we never did conclude the who is Fegg/where is he now discussion. Any ideas? Torturing some other message board maybe?

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:50 pm

Sue wrote:Well, we never did conclude the who is Fegg/where is he now discussion. Any ideas? Torturing some other message board maybe?
8) Have a peek at page 5 of this thread Suzie girl!

I posted a link that could possibly be the home of Bert Fegg??

maybe you could recognize his style of prose as you were the most intimate with him :wink: !!

Hows the legal trade? Still a-fleecin the general hard-working publc?? :roll:

Anyone away on holidays this summer? If so where?

I'm a stayin a-put!

Be safe! :lol: 8)

lewdnuance
doeth

Post by lewdnuance » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:25 pm

As a relative newcomer to this board I too reread some of the posts here and begin to wonder if this "Fegg" is no more than a myth, however, there does seem some evidence that our legal eagle may know more than she's letting on, some of the corresondence between she and fegg were quite intimate at times, were they an item or something?
Sometimes we have stop turning away, sometimes the good people have to make a stand!

Sue
doeth

Post by Sue » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:14 pm

If I dealt with the right area, I'd sue the lot of you for defamation of character! :x

Legal work is going okay thank you Beast. Waiting to see if the dreaded HIPs will have any impact on us. I'm going home to Wales on Sunday, except home is now Tenby.

lewdnuance
doeth

Post by lewdnuance » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:12 pm

"have any impact on us" - is that lawyer talk for "a way for us to make money"! At the end of the day, does it not strike anyone else odd that the law is made by political parties predominantly made up of lawyers - and then everyone wonders why the latest idea involves the general public having to shelve out for pointless documents and the lawyers skimmng yet more money for themselves.

Sue
doeth

Post by Sue » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:11 am

Most lawyers are against them (apart from the idiot who came up with the idea, who I believe was a lawyer). It will largely be estate agents and companies set up just for that who provide them.
I agree they are pointless but we certainly will not be making any money on them.

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:43 pm

Sue wrote:If I dealt with the right area, I'd sue the lot of you for defamation of character! :x

Legal work is going okay thank you Beast. Waiting to see if the dreaded HIPs will have any impact on us. I'm going home to Wales on Sunday, except home is now Tenby.
:lol: Tenby eh Susie?? Nice place to be! I havn't been in Tenby since 1972, i don't suppose it has changed much has it?

I can't see you making loads of wonga out of them but unless there is a massive re-think, the only people who will suffer financially will be joe-public!

I understand the reasoning behind them......But i know personally of two people who have paid £3500 to take the course to be qualified to issue them.......and they have admitted its a con!! Sad but true!

Be safe! :wink:

Sue
doeth

Post by Sue » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:36 pm

Sorry, I was sulking because you called me Susie.
I don't know if it's changed- I wasn't born in 1972. But it seems nice enough now, although probably more full of tourists than St. Davids.

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:12 pm

Sue wrote:Sorry, I was sulking because you called me Susie.
I don't know if it's changed- I wasn't born in 1972. But it seems nice enough now, although probably more full of tourists than St. Davids.
Ok Sue! Now no sulking please..........you havn't the time, what with all your workload?

Does St davids ever get busy in the summer months with tourism? And does potato-picking still go on??

Be safe! :wink:

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:16 pm

If anyone is hoping to join this little community, I'm afraid the usual route to register does not work. The Janitor had to disable it as so many spam companies were abusing access to the site. So... if you want to register, it's still very easy, just email the webjanitor direct and he'll set you up without any hassle.
Public service broadcast ends.

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:56 am

Does this work?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3opEo4dFxmI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3opEo4dFxmI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:25 am

Good grief, there is life out there!!

Where on earth are the posters who used to pop in here on a regular basis??

Is this indicitive of the lackidasical attitude of the people of the surrounding area?

Be safe! :roll:

lewdnuance
doeth

Post by lewdnuance » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:12 am

Ye

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:03 am

Even when you excite people to the point of apathy, they cant be bothered!