strange lights over New York

This forum is a community resource for the people of St Davids and those in the wider world with an interest in the city. Please respect your fellow users and refrain from posting anything that could be considered offensive by the community.
This forum is intended for non commercial use if you wish to promote your goods or services please contact the Webjanitor.
Mae'r bwrdd neges hwn yn modd i bobl Tyddewi ac i'r rhai hynny sydd a ddiddordeb yn y ddinas. Byddwch yn barchus i'ch cyd-defnyddwyr a pheidiwch postio unrhyw beth a fydd yn atgasu'r cymdeithas.
Open forum
Register to become a Member and gain extra options.
fegg

strange lights over New York

Post by fegg » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:25 pm

Recent reports of strange lights over New York have led to a spate of UFO questions being raised in the East Coast media.
I myself was kidnapped by aliens in the late eighties, but contrary to expectations, they refused to have sex with me.
I have taken legal advice, and am planning a law suit with regards to the resulting low self-esteem that I feel, but am advised that the high cost of fuel is likey to weigh against me in any lawsuit against the space whores.
have any other readers suffered similar personal injustices at the hands of our intergalctic visitors?

Bobby
doeth

UFO'S

Post by Bobby » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:00 pm

There were quite a lot of reports of UFO's in the 70's and early eighties around here. It was called "The Broad Haven Triangle". There was even a book written called "The Welsh Triangle" which I bought at the time, but its gone now. Anyone remember?

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:21 pm

I'm not sure I do remember Bobby, was it hard back or soft back?
When you say "gone", that could mean so many things, I suppose you mean lost rather than abducted (it would indeed be a far fetched theory that suggested that "they" would know how to read English (unless it was written in Welsh - but then that would be ironic indeed if aliens from a far flung planet spoke a language no one on earth outside of a few Polytechnic lecturers and middle class chaps with some point to prove could speak), and even, supposing all of this were true, why would they want to read a book about themselves? The only conclusion one could come to is that they may be able to live in the moon, but that they are also very vain, with little discernment about which languages to learn when visiting alien worlds - the whole thingg smacks of carelessness, and if this is the best these visitors can do then I feel we have little to fear.
I may be able to find a copy on Ebay, I'll chaeck back on this one. Cheers Bobby.
Prancing is for dancers, masking is for liars.

Magic_Man
doeth

Post by Magic_Man » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:41 pm

prancer wrote:that would be ironic indeed if aliens from a far flung planet spoke a language no one on earth outside of a few Polytechnic lecturers and middle class chaps with some point to prove could speak)

Well it's certainly a more widespread language than the one you speak, i.e. bullshit.

The ultimate irony encapsulates aliens from a far flung planet coming all the way to earth seeking an intelligent life form, only to randomly select an imbecile. Sod's law, eh!
Last edited by Magic_Man on Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:43 pm

Hello prancer, it was a paperback called I am fairly certain "The Welsh Triangle" which I bought in the early eighties as far as I can recall. I lent it and never had it back! I have tried to find this book in local markets,but no luck so far. You may as you say be able to find it on e-bay or somewhere like that,but I am not very clued up on that sort of thing! If you find it let us know.

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:40 am

I will look out for it, if I find a copy I'll read and then offer it up here for anyone interested.

Crusty Old Mike
doeth

Post by Crusty Old Mike » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:14 pm

Bobby, another book on the subject of strange phenomena is "The Dyfed Enigma" by Randal Jones Pugh and F.W. Holiday (Coronet Books 1979, ISBN 0 340 26665 1). This details the authors' investigations into a series of appearances of objects in the sky and silver-clad humanoids which appeared around St. Bride's Bay and as far as Ferryside. The events occurred mainly in 1977.

I have experienced what I later learned were "Earth Lights" about 20 years ago. It was an unnerving and rather threatening 30 or so minutes; they followed me as I walked home and stopped showing soon after I was safely indoors.

webjanitor
Site Admin

Post by webjanitor » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:48 pm

http://www.hbccufo.org/modules.php?name ... e&sid=3540

Mynachlogddu, Clunderwen, Pembrokeshire UK A Green ''Blob'' Shaped Object

World Sighting Reports Posted: November 28, 2005

Date: November 23, 2005 Time: 07.10

Approach_Direction: West to east Departure_Direction: West to east Witness_Direction: North

Description: Fine morning before sunrise. I was walking my dogs. Sky clear though still quite dark. I happened to look up and saw a green "blob" shape object moving rapidly from west to east in front of me, color green similar to glowworm. I could not hear any sound associated with it but it was quiet enough for me to hear transatlantic jets overhead.

Color/Shape: Green smooth elongated circle, possibly another smaller light just to rear.

Height & Speed: Very hard to say, only saw it for 2 to 3 seconds, must have been traveling in excess of 200 to 300 mph.

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:39 am

How do you possibly estimate a speed of about 300mph? Once an object passes 150 -200mph the human eye and brain is incapable of making any kinfd of legitimate estimate, I think the scientific phrase simply becomes "bloody fast".
There are countries in the world that have never had UFO sightings, I gues they must be the places where Spielberg movies aren't shown!

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:54 pm

Perhaps the Aliens just find them countries boring?

webjanitor
Site Admin

Post by webjanitor » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:35 pm

I see this guy is facing up to 70 years in prison for hacking NASA looking for UFO pics

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/c ... 977134.stm

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:16 am

you could murder 20 people over here, and get less than that!!

webjanitor
Site Admin

Post by webjanitor » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:44 pm

I agree
the possible sentence is out of all proportion
He didn't even have to break in to any computers, they all just had wide open doors.
Rapists and murderers get a more lenient sentence.

Sadly for all his computer skills he was somehow unable to manage a screenshot of "THE PROOF"
there's a surprise

http://freegary.org.uk/

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:04 am

Flog the lot of 'em - and pass me that copy of the Daily Mail while you're about it.

webjanitor
Site Admin

Post by webjanitor » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:48 pm

looks so good
but so easily debunkable
whoops there goes my firework

hey who wants to be scared of aliens
I dont want a probe up my butt
they came so far and asked so little

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtKuBKIaVvs

webjanitor
Site Admin

Post by webjanitor » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:01 pm

this on ther hand looks far more plausible
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe1phdRUhDE

webjanitor
Site Admin

Post by webjanitor » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:37 pm

lewdnuance
doeth

Post by lewdnuance » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:54 pm

space whores visited me but talk about exchange rates!!
I had more fun being thoroughly searched at Heathrow by security thanks to our ........ brothers.