At risk of being assassinated

This forum is a community resource for the people of St Davids and those in the wider world with an interest in the city. Please respect your fellow users and refrain from posting anything that could be considered offensive by the community.
This forum is intended for non commercial use if you wish to promote your goods or services please contact the Webjanitor.
Mae'r bwrdd neges hwn yn modd i bobl Tyddewi ac i'r rhai hynny sydd a ddiddordeb yn y ddinas. Byddwch yn barchus i'ch cyd-defnyddwyr a pheidiwch postio unrhyw beth a fydd yn atgasu'r cymdeithas.
Open forum
Register to become a Member and gain extra options.
Val

At risk of being assassinated

Post by Val » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:18 pm

Hiya, after spending a few breaks down in St Davids over the years, (and a fab Christmas just gone) i'm plucking up the courage to ask a favour. Im a student (an old one) and am doing some work on third spaces (those where we go and relax such as pub, cafe etc) im thinking of doing some work down in St Davids and was wondering whether any of you'd be willing to help me. I was thinking of looking at the fact that a lot of people in this area are not actually Welsh born/bred and whether you have places where locals can go to escape all these tourists.
Thanx Val x

webjanitor
Site Admin

Post by webjanitor » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:48 pm

you mean public spaces?

Val
croeso

Post by Val » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:48 pm

Yeah, i live in a small area that has a university near by and there are pubs/cafes which us locals tend to associate with students and then there are those which have more locals in them, I wondered if the same sort of thing happens in St Davids as it is small and has that nice local feel to it. I need to write about some of the places and maybe interview some people. Thanx for reading!
x

Val
croeso

Post by Val » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:32 pm

awww come on dont be scared i dont bite unless asked nicely - only want to ask a few questions and i'll buy you a pint or a cuppa to drink at the same time!! :?

Magic_Man
doeth

Post by Magic_Man » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:17 pm

I would say the locals have their designated corners in the pubs alongside the tourists. There isn't anywhere that they 'escape' to which is specifically for the purpose of avoiding tourists.

Val
croeso

Post by Val » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:29 pm

Thanx - What about places to escape the wife/hubby, kids, work etc tho? wasn't such a long time ago that the type of info passed about on a forum like this would have just been had down the shop or the pub. We bump into people and exchange news/gossip and thats how we find out what sort of things are going on in our communites - or at least that used to be the main way lol
virus ridden smut

webjanitor
Site Admin

Post by webjanitor » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:45 pm

We bump into people

the pembrokeshire way seems to be be
if you need to know
you will know