Anti-social behaviour in St Davids??

This forum is a community resource for the people of St Davids and those in the wider world with an interest in the city. Please respect your fellow users and refrain from posting anything that could be considered offensive by the community.
This forum is intended for non commercial use if you wish to promote your goods or services please contact the Webjanitor.
Mae'r bwrdd neges hwn yn modd i bobl Tyddewi ac i'r rhai hynny sydd a ddiddordeb yn y ddinas. Byddwch yn barchus i'ch cyd-defnyddwyr a pheidiwch postio unrhyw beth a fydd yn atgasu'r cymdeithas.
Open forum
Register to become a Member and gain extra options.
the beast
doeth

Anti-social behaviour in St Davids??

Post by the beast » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:31 pm

What is this that i read??

Goat St on a Saturday night, full of drunken, fighting, window and car smashing thugs????
Is this the delightful city i knew in the 70's??

Is the city really that bad of an evening??

Where is the police presence??

Be safe.

Twonk
croeso

Post by Twonk » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:53 pm

Think there is a bit of an exaggeration, saying Goat St is that bad :roll:

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:48 pm

Hey Twonk, ( what sort of name is that?? ).

This is what is reliably reported in the Western Telegraph, i left out the vomit, broken shop windows and empty bottles of cider lying round the ladies convieniences.

Lets here it from someone who has patronized the infamous Goat St on a weekend, apart from the residents!

the beast
doeth

saturday night in goat street

Post by the beast » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:32 pm

Any comments from anybody re last night in Goat St, St davids, was it as it is most weekends????

Twonk
croeso

Post by Twonk » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:57 pm

Well it was rather noisy , the Cathedral clock kept chiming every hour :wink:

Magic_Man
doeth

Re: Anti-social behaviour in St Davids??

Post by Magic_Man » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:00 pm

the beast wrote:Goat St on a Saturday night, full of drunken, fighting, window and car smashing thugs????

Well what do you expect? The people of Fishguard, whom the street is named after, come to pay homage in their own unique manner.
Is this the delightful city i knew in the 70's??

I'm sure even Quay Street in Haverfordwest was comparable to the stairway to heaven in the seventies :roll:.
Where is the police presence??

On Fishguard square dealing with real thugs. I'm sure a few kids urinating on plant pots wouldn't drag them away from their Custard Creams anyway.

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:58 pm

Hey Magic man, you from Fishguard???

Can someone indicate exactly where is Goat st in relation to the rugby club as i havn't been to St Davids for many a year.

thebigcheese
adlam

Post by thebigcheese » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:21 pm

Any touristy place will have antisocial behaviour. You chose to live there, Deal with it

Sunshine the werewolf
croeso

Post by Sunshine the werewolf » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:42 am

sorry, but back in the 70's i think it was a hell of alot worse. The older generation today was in its prime and fighting, vandalism, theft or ''anti social behaviour'' occured just as or more regularly than today. im not saying it should all still be happening today, but it really ticks me off that every body is talking like this sort of behaviour is a shock to them. It's been going on since long before the 70's. How old are the walshes these days??? surley they caused more trouble than the youth of today. St Davids is not some sort of paridise immune to crime, police cant see every crime that is about be commited before it happens, so every one get on with their own lives. RASTAFARAI STANDS ALONE! 8)
I AM THE STORM!

the beast
doeth

goat street

Post by the beast » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:28 am

Again, can someone tell me whereabouts Goat St is in St davids..........please!

Twonk
croeso

Post by Twonk » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:38 pm

Beast it sounds to me as if you have never been to St Davids , if so you would know where Goat St is situated :roll:

the beast
doeth

goat street

Post by the beast » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:09 pm

Hi Twonk!

Last time i was in St davids was for a holiday in 1977 i lived and went to school in the area in 1972/3 and still can't remember where Goat St is.

But there were for sure no crowds of teenagers roaming the streets in the early hours.

SO?????? Whereabouts is it?

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:20 pm

Well Beast, there are now, I was returning home after a lock in quietly by myself around 1230 am just after Christmas and there were around a dozen youths running around shouting etc. Things have got worse since the early eighties, when I moved here,I never felt uncomfortable then to be out after dark,but after a couple of incidents that have happened whilst I have been minding my own business, I do now.

suggs
adlam

Post by suggs » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:36 am

whats all this madness