Back to work

This forum is a community resource for the people of St Davids and those in the wider world with an interest in the city. Please respect your fellow users and refrain from posting anything that could be considered offensive by the community.
This forum is intended for non commercial use if you wish to promote your goods or services please contact the Webjanitor.
Mae'r bwrdd neges hwn yn modd i bobl Tyddewi ac i'r rhai hynny sydd a ddiddordeb yn y ddinas. Byddwch yn barchus i'ch cyd-defnyddwyr a pheidiwch postio unrhyw beth a fydd yn atgasu'r cymdeithas.
Open forum
Register to become a Member and gain extra options.
the beast
doeth

Back to work

Post by the beast » Sat May 06, 2006 11:32 am

Well, after a six month voluntary sabbatical, last night was my first night back in the old hostelry.
The art of pulling and serving of strong ales and fine wines had become a tad rusty in the closed season, but, within just a few mere seconds I was back in the familiar groove and good cheer, intelligent conversation and local delicasies were enjoyed by all to the background of classic r&b music from the 50’s through to the mid eighties.
The talk was encumbered with various tongues from around the globe and after several hours of modest revelry all retired with hearty and fond farewells to each and other and promises to keep in touch were eagarly swopped.

All of this occurred with my missus holding fort with friends and locals cos i was far to bloody busy watching the ‘ Whites’ take a draw back to Deepdale. Where, with a bit of ingenuity we can take the game with a huge great home crowd cheering us on!!

The sun is shining, North End are nearly there and my cat has his nineteenth birthday coming up…….so all is well with the world!!

Be safe!!

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Sat May 06, 2006 2:10 pm

Did Rhythm and Blues music exist in the 50's, I cant recall any! I am sure a type did, but was it called that then,they sometime make up names that didnt exist at the time, such as Doowop that wasnt around then.

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Mon May 08, 2006 12:58 pm

Bobby, me owld mucker!
R&B music has been around for an untold number of years, I think it has become a 90’s byword for a wide range of music during this last decade.
I refer to music by artists like Tony Joe White, Solomon Burke, CCR, Robert Johnson, B.B. King and many, many more.

Be safe!