concert etiquette

This forum is a community resource for the people of St Davids and those in the wider world with an interest in the city. Please respect your fellow users and refrain from posting anything that could be considered offensive by the community.
This forum is intended for non commercial use if you wish to promote your goods or services please contact the Webjanitor.
Mae'r bwrdd neges hwn yn modd i bobl Tyddewi ac i'r rhai hynny sydd a ddiddordeb yn y ddinas. Byddwch yn barchus i'ch cyd-defnyddwyr a pheidiwch postio unrhyw beth a fydd yn atgasu'r cymdeithas.
Open forum
Register to become a Member and gain extra options.
prancer
Site Admin

concert etiquette

Post by prancer » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:57 am

How do we deal with these people who spoil it for everyone else?
The real buzz killer for me is when you have squeezed up tight behind a young woman, and are enjoying the bouncing etc, when suddenly some uptight husband or boyfriend asks you to stop or calls security and they make you pull your pants up in front of everybody.
The other one is when barmen refuse to let you have a few beers on a tab, even though you show them some ID and promise to post the cash.
The whole concert experience went downhill after Woodstock, everyone got freaked out by the idea that someone would film you if you went for a naked swim, and the misses might get to see it at the cinema, or else the boss might know why you didn't turn into work that day.
I really do think the bands should play for free, after all we're the fans who buy their records, and they're millionaires. The idea that I should pay to listen to an artist perform seems so outdated, but you explain that concept to the gorilla on the door and they look like you're talking a foreign language.
BUT - is there anything more troubling than wehen you've practiced for days, and the band won't even consider letting you up on stage for a brief jam. smile em all.
Prancing is for dancers, masking is for liars.

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:10 pm

Huhh!!

Couldn't agree more!

I had to spend ages trying to work out the cash machine at the bank in town a couple of months ago trying to work out ( in a foriegn bloody language ) how to book tickets for the Rolling Stones concert in Barcelona in May this year.

Low and behold after denying myself strong alcohol and funny tasting tobacco for bloody ages to save up the money, then working out how to work the bloody machine, i finally got to hold the tickets in my hands.

Whilst i was fasting from my favourite pastimes, the very people i had given up so much for were across the other side of the world in a tropical paradise partying it up soo hard, one of them fell out of a tree and hurt his head.

Look. i'm all for enjoying oneself, but if you have a gig arranged, shouldn't you be a tad more careful!

I would'nt mind but i have spent years spending fortunes collecting all their music, so its not like i havn't heard the songs they will sing whenever i do get to see them again.

When, is the question? The gig has been cancelled!

Trying to get the money back is a nightmare, still, they have offered alternative tickets to see the ' Barron Knights' in a town called Skegness.

Does anybody know if they are as good as the Stones??

PS. Prancer, if january is a no-go, i am willing to take very early season, say Feb or march.

Be safe!

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:14 pm

On the subject of music, I spent a lot of my time loading 134 songs into my new MP3 player, typing all the titles and band names, switched it to random, and in the first day I've heard Suzanne by Leonard Cohen three times and thrown four batteries away - what a nightmare. To hell with this civilised stuff, let's go back to primitive!! Some things are beyond the human capacity to cope with.

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:17 pm

Scrub that idea, I've just remembered cheese in a can. Now there was a man who was thinkinbg right. No need to mumble around with crackers, just squirt the cheese straight into your mouth - some things make modern life quite bearable. Also, my MP3 has just started playing Thorn In My Pride, so my mood is somewhat lifted.

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:30 pm

I have 17 albums on cd and 15 on Vinyl. nearly all of Mr Cohen

Must be why i've turned into a twisted sod in my middle age!

Don't i recalll ' Bird on a wire ' reaching no 1 in the charts, i the late 60's?

Be safe!

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:53 pm

I've got an MP3 player.

I don't mind a bit of variety, but the same Cohen song over and over is enough to push me over the edge, like the device is taking the mumble. My paranoia now extends to small battery operated devices (and I'm not talking about strange sounds in the bedroom when your boyfriend is out of view).

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:25 am

Who is Cohen?

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:14 pm

Prancer!
the gentle hum of battery operated devices should never have to offend your delicate ears!

Try listening to ' Sisters of Mercy ' by Mr Cohen.

Be safe!

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:12 pm

Are you making an oblique reference to vibrators? I don't think there's any need for that kind of potty talk around here.

lewdnuance
doeth

Post by lewdnuance » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:49 pm

What's a "potty talk" and where do I buy one? sounds kind of fun.
Sometimes we have stop turning away, sometimes the good people have to make a stand!

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Wed May 16, 2007 11:07 am

They have them in Japan, although the level of politeness is likely to make you need the toilet immediately again.