ITV

This forum is a community resource for the people of St Davids and those in the wider world with an interest in the city. Please respect your fellow users and refrain from posting anything that could be considered offensive by the community.
This forum is intended for non commercial use if you wish to promote your goods or services please contact the Webjanitor.
Mae'r bwrdd neges hwn yn modd i bobl Tyddewi ac i'r rhai hynny sydd a ddiddordeb yn y ddinas. Byddwch yn barchus i'ch cyd-defnyddwyr a pheidiwch postio unrhyw beth a fydd yn atgasu'r cymdeithas.
Open forum
Register to become a Member and gain extra options.
webjanitor
Site Admin

ITV

Post by webjanitor » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:54 pm

anybody else feel that ITV has lost the plot
bad programmes
late night rubbish phone in gambling mumble

Is the Internet to blame?

BBC maintains some standard of informative broadcast
and has embraced broadband

is it just me?

Magic_Man
doeth

Post by Magic_Man » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:23 pm

I suspect Charles Allen must shoulder the majority of blame. ITV has never been great TV but it's now worse than Channel 4 by absolute miles.

Whocantellyer
croeso

Post by Whocantellyer » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm

Personally the dreadful quiz programmes generate immense pleasure, turning off has never been so welcome.

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:36 pm

I have never really liked ITV since I first saw it, because of all the adverts,and the sometimes cheap American shows. Sky TV is even worse for adverts.
And as for ITV being "free" a paper some years ago did a survey,and found the average family spent more on ITV [because most things they bought had advertising costs] than they did on the BBC.
At least if you have no TV you dont pay towards the BBC, but everyone pays for ITV

Crusty Old Mike
doeth

Post by Crusty Old Mike » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:41 pm

We were suposed to get Channel 5 but we never did : now they expect us to pay for digital.

lewdnuance
doeth

Sometimes a chuckle will do

Post by lewdnuance » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:31 am

What are you people talking about? The BBC fills its time with pointless documentaries about animals and places you've never heard of, while ITV is full of celebrity items that eveyone can enjoy. Some of you should get down off your intelectual high horses and enjoy life a little. Those gambling programmes may not be to everyone's liking, but sit back and look at the beautiful presenters - they even have happy and content ones on sometimes, which should satisfy the PC brigade amongst us.
I'm just a typical working bloke, "hardworking" the government calls us, and we deserve a bit of telly that isn't intended for lifelong learning. Here in St Davids we're cursed with S4C, so a lot of the good stuff on C4 is really late, which means those of us who have to get up in a morning have to rely on ITV for a bit of a chuckle, and the comfort of stars who befriend us in one way. Keep your clever stuff, bring back Barrymore (see, I'm not biggotted either), after as the the philospher John Stuart Mills once wrote, "Push pin is as good as poetry"#

# - push pin was a game played in pubs and represents the common man's pleasures.

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:16 pm

I dont pretend the BBC does everything perfectly, I too dont like all these make-over programmes etc,but celebrities? ITV seem to like Cheggars rushing round at 730 am,shouting his head off,no thanks! But I wouldnt say no to the cash.
Thank goodness for DVD's

lewdnuance
doeth

Post by lewdnuance » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:48 am

Hey, Keith has had some tough times - Maggie left him when he hit the bottle, and he lost his looks pretty soon after that.
Say what you like about him, he's a damn good all round entertainer who just never got the breaks.

webjanitor
Site Admin

Post by webjanitor » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:54 pm

I laughed and laughed at the naked quiz show
now that was quality TV

webjanitor
Site Admin

Post by webjanitor » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:18 am

I'm a celebrity
feed me cockroaches

no please please look at me