No smoking in pubs from April

This forum is a community resource for the people of St Davids and those in the wider world with an interest in the city. Please respect your fellow users and refrain from posting anything that could be considered offensive by the community.
This forum is intended for non commercial use if you wish to promote your goods or services please contact the Webjanitor.
Mae'r bwrdd neges hwn yn modd i bobl Tyddewi ac i'r rhai hynny sydd a ddiddordeb yn y ddinas. Byddwch yn barchus i'ch cyd-defnyddwyr a pheidiwch postio unrhyw beth a fydd yn atgasu'r cymdeithas.
Open forum
Register to become a Member and gain extra options.
Resident
doeth

No smoking in pubs from April

Post by Resident » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:50 pm

What does everyone think? I guess everywhere in St Daves will have lots of people sat outside when the weather permits. I'm quite looking forward to it. I may well pop down the pub more in midweek as I won't return smelling of smoke. It will seem strange though...I wonder how it will effect the atmosphere?

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:22 pm

Ever walked past the council offices in H/West, its enough to give you cancer, it always makes me cough!

Resident
doeth

Post by Resident » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:49 pm

Do they have one of those smokers bus shelter type things?

Magic_Man
doeth

Post by Magic_Man » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:15 pm

I can't wait until they ban smoking in the pubs. I'm fed up of walking into the Farmers pool room, struggling to breathe and then struggling to move my eye balls which have dried out thanks to the smog. Plus I won't have to wash my jeans after every night out.

Crusty Old Mike
doeth

Post by Crusty Old Mike » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:59 pm

They are gradually making criminals of us all. And no, I don't smoke.

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:20 pm

How condecending can THEY get, they ban public smoking and impose huge fines for breaking the ban, yet endorse the sale of all tobacco.

They allow the building of huge gambling dens which will bring misery to the working classes and extortionate amounts of money to the already rich.
They are to make it sooooo expensive to run your own vehicle but offer no affordable or reliable alternative.

The country is full of cctv and speed cameras whose sole purpose is to levy further taxes on the working man.

The level of public pay increases are held at a minimum whilst THEY award themselves despicable amounts ontop of already overblown salaries.

The NHS is a shambles, the home office is a joke, the prosecution service is non-exsistence in any moral form

The elderly working class who have paid their dues all their lives are left with a system that steals their savings to enable them to spend their final years with some sort of dignity and not allow them to pass on material finances to loved ones without paying huge forfeits.

Violent crime is breaking all records but if you try to defend your property or life you are condemed under the pc laws that over protect the criminal.

The government is full of morally deficient individuals who are out to line their own pockets.

Did anyone hear B LIAR interviewed on morning radio last week.

The man is totally out of touch with what the man on the street has to put up with and wants for the future, he doesn't even feel the need to explain his actions or account for his mistakes. Many people believe he is slightly physcotic and if you watch and listen carefully, he may possibly be.

Time for a revolution methinks !!!!

Be safe !!!

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:59 pm

I am a non-smoker,but I cant think why on earth they have done this Big Brother really does appear to be getting closer.With people being prosecuted for the most stupid things,like one piece of paper in a plastic bag, or an old Lady walking her dog on the lower promenade,because a jobsworth thought the paved path was part of the beach. I bet he wouldnt have said anything to a bunch of yobs doing it.

Crusty Old Mike
doeth

Post by Crusty Old Mike » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:15 pm

On "Top Gear" last night they said it has become an imprisonable offence to change stations on the car radio!