6 nations

This forum is a community resource for the people of St Davids and those in the wider world with an interest in the city. Please respect your fellow users and refrain from posting anything that could be considered offensive by the community.
This forum is intended for non commercial use if you wish to promote your goods or services please contact the Webjanitor.
Mae'r bwrdd neges hwn yn modd i bobl Tyddewi ac i'r rhai hynny sydd a ddiddordeb yn y ddinas. Byddwch yn barchus i'ch cyd-defnyddwyr a pheidiwch postio unrhyw beth a fydd yn atgasu'r cymdeithas.
Open forum
Register to become a Member and gain extra options.
the beast
doeth

6 nations

Post by the beast » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:04 pm

Well, well, well................Battered by the Eyeties......

I should think that this afternoon, we shall be battered by the Frogs!!

is that racist??

Be safe!!!

lewdnuance
doeth

Post by lewdnuance » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:59 am

Wasn't that the funniest ending to a rugby match? The look on the red's fasces when they realised what a terrible mistake they'd made. I don't normally watch sports, but I always admire the Italians in whatever they do, so i thought I'd give it an hour. I was enthralled by the spectacle, but the ending just made me laugh and laugh. Any of you sporting types explain why the Welsh used the tactic of kicking the ball out when they could easily have drawn the match? Is it to ensure they win something called the wooden spoon? Whatever subtle strategies I'm missing, still a very humouress game when all is said and done.
Is rugby still the welsh national sport or have they changed it?
Sometimes we have stop turning away, sometimes the good people have to make a stand!

potato picker
doeth

Post by potato picker » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:18 pm

what are you on about.you wait until saturday when we will smash the english and send them back home with tails between legs.Thats not racist.What do the locals think.

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:40 pm

When did Wales beat England last?

Its not racist to want your own country to win,and have a good time watching it, trouble is, some people behave badly.

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:49 pm

Hey spud grubber!!!

After watching the ENGLISH over this last weekend, i'll bet you a pint in the Ship in Solva that its your own very good little :lol: :lol: tails which will be tucked between your own litttle legs after we have pounded you into the turf!!

Be safe!!

Magic_Man
doeth

Post by Magic_Man » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:44 pm

[quote="lewdnuance"]Any of you sporting types explain why the Welsh used the tactic of kicking the ball out when they could easily have drawn the match? Is it to ensure they win something called the wooden spoon? Whatever subtle strategies I'm missing, still a very humouress game when all is said and done.[/quote]

You're not missing subtle strategies, you're missing a brain. The referee told James Hook that Wales had another ten seconds to play, which meant that had we won the line-out, we would have held possession for another attack and possibility of scoring a try to win the game. The full-time whistle can only be blown when the ball is dead.

However, the referee blew the final whistle as soon as the ball went out because the video referee told him time was up and that a mistake had been made. So the referee inadvertently cost Wales at least a draw; it had nothing to do with "subtle strategies" as you so hilariously put it.

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:34 pm

Hey Magic man, thats perhaps why Potato picker is what he is, slightly uninformed re the rules of international rugby...........and picks spuds for a living!

The referee and the video ref made an horrendous error which has cost Wales dearly indeed.

Still, i'm looking forward to the game.

Be safe!!

potato picker
doeth

Post by potato picker » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:15 pm

Oi beasty boy i'm not unimformed about the rules i play the game.i will meet you for that drink when we stuff you out of sight and i will be happy to pour it over your head. see you saturday night.

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:34 am

Hello and good morning spud collecter!

If you play the bloody game..................how come you don't know the bloody rules????

Should you not be available to stand me a large libation this Saturday night ( in the Ship )...............albeit, gracefully annointing my cabeza ( spanish ) with said drink.
I will stand your goodself all your intake of best local bitter, should Clem Morgan ( god rest his good soul ) appear to serve each and every one of them.............whilst explaining the basic rules of the game!

Be safe!

the beast
doeth

Apology forthwith

Post by the beast » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:55 am

Many apologies to you Spud Picker, i got my posts all cocked up and should have been addressing Lewdaunce ( or whatever his name ). Please accept them gracefully and i will purchase said pint and pour it over my own head.........

Be safe!!

potato picker
doeth

Post by potato picker » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:56 pm

Thankyou mr beast apology accepted and i hope to pick that pint up when the ship reopens.

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:23 pm

Didn't know the ' Ship ' was closed.

When it does reopen you may have to wait a-while for the pint as i won't be revisiting Solva ( 1st time in 30yrs ) until August sometime. But when i do i will pay and leave a pint behind the bar for a Mr Potato Picker. As you will do your goodself should we spank you this afternoon.

Enjoy the game whatever!!!!

Be safe!!

the beast
doeth

congratulations

Post by the beast » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:24 pm

Its 20.16hrs over here and the match finished 2 mins ago.

To tell you the truth, we weren't in it from the start. A well deserved win for you.

I'll get you the pint in August.

Chapeaux!!!

Be safe!!!!