occupations??

This forum is a community resource for the people of St Davids and those in the wider world with an interest in the city. Please respect your fellow users and refrain from posting anything that could be considered offensive by the community.
This forum is intended for non commercial use if you wish to promote your goods or services please contact the Webjanitor.
Mae'r bwrdd neges hwn yn modd i bobl Tyddewi ac i'r rhai hynny sydd a ddiddordeb yn y ddinas. Byddwch yn barchus i'ch cyd-defnyddwyr a pheidiwch postio unrhyw beth a fydd yn atgasu'r cymdeithas.
Open forum
Register to become a Member and gain extra options.
the beast
doeth

occupations??

Post by the beast » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:09 pm

Just wondered what the very few people who use the site do for a living?

I have just sold a bar/cafe in my local town and am trying to dabble in selling golf equipment!

Be safe!!

lewdnuance
doeth

Post by lewdnuance » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:31 am

I'm a professional dreamer!
Sometimes we have stop turning away, sometimes the good people have to make a stand!

webjanitor
Site Admin

Post by webjanitor » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:18 pm

enabler

Crusty Old Mike
doeth

Post by Crusty Old Mike » Sun May 06, 2007 6:20 pm

Busy, retired, intrested.

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Mon May 07, 2007 10:52 am

Whereabouts in NW England COM??

When i go back i spend a lot of time in the Preston area!

Be safe!

Sue
doeth

Post by Sue » Tue May 08, 2007 3:46 pm

I'm only admitting to being a solicitor to see how people respond...

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Wed May 09, 2007 11:38 am

I have just had to pay £750,plus VAT,for a deed,from a solicitor. It is obviously a standard format [I had to fill in the blanks]its 3 pages long. All the solicitor had to do, was fill in the blanks on the computer,and push the print button. How come it cost so much?
The one thing solicitors know how to do, is how to charge!

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Wed May 09, 2007 2:03 pm

Leave Sue alone.

We'd all take money from the vulnerable if we could, it's just that she's out there putting dreams into action, so get off her case.
Prancing is for dancers, masking is for liars.

Sue
doeth

Post by Sue » Wed May 09, 2007 4:21 pm

Thank you Prancer! :D If we're questioning fees here, I suggest people compare the solicitor's bill to the estate agent's bill next time they sell and see which they think gives value for money.

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Thu May 10, 2007 6:38 am

Unbleievable!

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Thu May 10, 2007 10:32 am

A few answers to the initial question!!

We have an 'Enabler'...........' A dreamer'......' A solicitor '.' A retiree' and Prancer!

Prancer, you are probably an ageing pseudo local who has a one-roomed '' art gallery'' charging outrageous prices for ham-fistedly put together tat that tries to pass for local art!
Frustrated that you can't make a living out of fleecing the tourists you revert to wingeing and complaining about anything non-welsh and attacking anything that doesn't come from your insular little world!

But i'm sure there is a possibility i am completely wrong!

Be safe!

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Thu May 10, 2007 11:01 am

Damn, you should work as a cracker solving police enquiries. But far from tat in the "I saw you coming" style, I actually sell top-notch St David's orientated pieces that shift at a very decent rate.
And what do you mean "winge"? Just because I am condemned to hours of S4C nonsense and watching my hard earned taxes wasted on a Welsh Assembly that the people of Wales certainly weren't clamouring for but was forced on us by Europe I think I manage to bite my tongue rather well, I am far from anti-Welsh, I married one of 'em, but the whole middle class pretence of having a Welsh "culture" and "language" is beyond silly, and very expensive. It's just so primative, a longing to belong to a tribe because of some deep-seated inadequacy or need that isn't fulfilled in the course of every day living. You, me, us, we're all just people bumping around on this rock until our time comes, and if you think creating this artificial language that serves no purpose beyond Welshpool other than saying "we're not English" is going to enable you to reach any kind of enlightenment, then you're nuts. If I was a struggling bandmember, i'd learn Welsh, if only because you don't need to sell many records to appear on the telly or "make it " in Wales, it's all pretend, "look kids, we have music just like tghe English speakers". What a load of nonsense. So come on, don't get so prissy and overly sensitive just because someone living in this beautiful part of the world doesn't aspire to separating himself off in some cultural ghetto that somehow marks his as special, different, particular or relevant.
Be relevant to the friends you have around you by sharing a bit of love, be kind to your wife and kids, be honest and trustworthy, you'll quickly find you don't need to cling to an artificial means of understanding your existence through the notion of Welshness.
Anyway, if anyone would like to purchase some of these said goods, I'd be happy to flog you some tat.

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Fri May 11, 2007 12:57 pm

I agree with you Beast, about the art. I have seen some real tat around posing as art. Still, as they say " A fool and his money are soon parted" I think as well, people should read "The Emporers new clothes" again.

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Sat May 12, 2007 2:20 pm

:o

Well said Sir Prancer!!

I'll buy your TAT when i visit sometime in August, need a clue where to find it though!

I still think i owe someone a pint??

Be safe!!