The Fegg Diaries

This forum is a community resource for the people of St Davids and those in the wider world with an interest in the city. Please respect your fellow users and refrain from posting anything that could be considered offensive by the community.
This forum is intended for non commercial use if you wish to promote your goods or services please contact the Webjanitor.
Mae'r bwrdd neges hwn yn modd i bobl Tyddewi ac i'r rhai hynny sydd a ddiddordeb yn y ddinas. Byddwch yn barchus i'ch cyd-defnyddwyr a pheidiwch postio unrhyw beth a fydd yn atgasu'r cymdeithas.
Open forum
Register to become a Member and gain extra options.
prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Tue May 15, 2007 5:38 am

Careful Beast, I think that's £386 you owe her already - quit while you're not too far behind.
This emotion thing is probably a legal term, I've never heard it used in that way in my eighty seven years of walking the streets.
Prancing is for dancers, masking is for liars.

Sue
doeth

Post by Sue » Wed May 16, 2007 7:19 am

Don't worry Beast. Defending my profession from ignoramuses like you is part of every day life- I count it as admin.

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Wed May 16, 2007 9:33 am

Ignoramus??.........Ignoramus??

I don't behold to base insults!

Be safe!!

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Wed May 16, 2007 9:54 am

Step back beast, she's already made it clear this is admin, that's £65 an hour minimum.

Sue
doeth

Post by Sue » Wed May 16, 2007 2:27 pm

What do you call your insults about my profession then?!
It's £135 an hour actually...

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Wed May 16, 2007 4:14 pm

Susie, young lassy!

I don't recall any insults upon your goodself as a person?

I still hold the firm belief that yours is an unnecessary service industry that exploits the uneducated and the naive with inflated prices for standard actions!

Be safe!!

Sue
doeth

Post by Sue » Thu May 17, 2007 7:30 am

I don't remember suggesting you insulted me personally.

Stand by your opinions by all means. Just make sure you never get arrested, buy or sell a house, divorce or need to make a will.

lewdnuance
doeth

Post by lewdnuance » Thu May 17, 2007 7:40 am

Sue, for all of the examples you quote, I genuinely don't know how we've allowed the solicitors to structure everything so that we have to pay you people for services we should be able to perfom ourselves. If I want to make a will, it should be enough that i write it down and sign it - but oh no, some solicitor will manage to undermine this kind of document and create hassles for the bereaved.
If I appear in court the truth from my own lips should suffice, why I need a weasle to "present" things in the proper way is beyond me, other than that the judges and magistrates are all leeching from the same open wound.
If i get divorced, lawyers will only make a personal situation worse - adults should be able to sort out their private business without some over eager lawyer wanting to go for the jugular and poison everything.
If i sell a house, i can make the necessary searches with regards to flooding etc, why I should pay a third party thousands of pounds to write a few letters on my behalf is just ridiculous.
No, it is a commonly shared understanding the world over that solicitors and estate agents are sanctified crooks. Look at the House of Commons to see them in action in other fields, look at the theft of so many miners' compensation, look at the ambulance chasing fraternity actross America - arrogant, greedy and without morals.
Of cousre I'm talking about the profession in general here Sue, so don't take it personally.
Sometimes we have stop turning away, sometimes the good people have to make a stand!

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Thu May 17, 2007 10:37 am

Good post LD!

Sue, you certainly did not insinuate any insults having been received from my goodself!

Mine was a retro comment of having received an insult from your post!

Ignoramus indeed!

I hark back to your initial post of letting the masses know of your profession.

''I'm only admitting to being a solicitor to see how people respond...''

Were you expecting this tirade against your claim?? If so, why??

Be safe!

Sue
doeth

Post by Sue » Thu May 17, 2007 11:06 am

I was just testing the water to see the response. Think I'll take my toes out of the water now.

Your forgot ambulance chasers... :wink:

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Thu May 17, 2007 11:50 am

Sue, you have stood admirably in defence of your profession and retired gracefully!

Lets just hope that further threads can be as enthusiastically endorsed and a few more interesting conversations can take place?

Be safe!

lewdnuance
doeth

Post by lewdnuance » Thu May 17, 2007 12:46 pm

I refer the right honourable lady to my earlier reply
Sometimes we have stop turning away, sometimes the good people have to make a stand!

Sue
doeth

Post by Sue » Thu May 17, 2007 3:01 pm

Are you claiming victory lewdnuance? If so, that's a clear sign I was right to go into a non-litigative area.

lewdnuance
doeth

Post by lewdnuance » Fri May 18, 2007 5:47 am

You've either got it or you ain't!
Even me with only three CSEs to my name have out-thinked a solicitor - I'll tell my grandkids about it one day, thanks Sue

Sue
doeth

Post by Sue » Fri May 18, 2007 7:50 am

Or maybe I'm too busy doing pointless conveyancing work to give your arguments the attention they deserve

lewdnuance
doeth

Post by lewdnuance » Fri May 18, 2007 8:38 am

Now you've just needlessly hurt my feelings

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 am

Anyone know how to post pictures in these messages? I'd like to share a few, plus it would be interesting to see the faces of those who'd like to step beuyong anonymity

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:16 pm

Like this Prancer?

These little ones appeared in the back of the garden a few weeks ago.........we have found homes for 3 of them and will keep the smallest and the mum, they are Feral cats so will live outside!

[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/224/4935 ... 056b_b.jpg[/img]

Be safe!

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:17 pm

Ah well, maybe the WJ can tell us why this doesn't work?

If i post like so on other sites, the photo appears..????

Be safe!

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:00 am

Nice try though!
I too can post pictures on other sites, but don't seem to be able to do so here. Maybe WJ has been cutting back on expenses and is only providing us with the minimum functions, in which case we need to lobby him on this issue.