The missing Mcann child

This forum is a community resource for the people of St Davids and those in the wider world with an interest in the city. Please respect your fellow users and refrain from posting anything that could be considered offensive by the community.
This forum is intended for non commercial use if you wish to promote your goods or services please contact the Webjanitor.
Mae'r bwrdd neges hwn yn modd i bobl Tyddewi ac i'r rhai hynny sydd a ddiddordeb yn y ddinas. Byddwch yn barchus i'ch cyd-defnyddwyr a pheidiwch postio unrhyw beth a fydd yn atgasu'r cymdeithas.
Open forum
Register to become a Member and gain extra options.
the beast
doeth

The missing Mcann child

Post by the beast » Thu May 17, 2007 3:20 pm

I know its a sensitive subject and there has been no mention of it but isn't anyone fed up with the hysteria surrounding this case.

Global fund-raising and celebrities selling yellow ribbons and wristbands and anyone talked to by the police is automatically condemned as a paedophile/loner/wierdo by the horror hungry media that fill the streets outside the parents place of stay.

International football and cricket matches propergandering globally.

Surely this is a massive distraction to all the officials involved in trying to find the poor girl..................Makes me despair!

Be safe!

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Mon May 21, 2007 1:19 pm

I think cases like these,deserve the maximum publicity. People dont know,how deceitful child abusers can be, or indeed how much support there is for them,its frightening.
I wish all the best to the McCann family,and God speed to the police in finding the little girl.

catweazle
doeth

Post by catweazle » Tue May 22, 2007 5:10 am

I agree whole heartedly bobby, i pray everyday when i open the newspaper the poor girl has been found safe and sound.
But it has to be said that if her parents weren't negligent in her care (leaving her alone while dining 60m away, leaving the patio doors unlocked???? truth or media garbage) then she would still be with her family today.
In the past the media have dragged parents over the coals for leaving their children unattended while frequenting their local.
Anyway, there's enough time to point the finger after she's returned home safe and sound.
Keep praying............
Here's to the sons of the Gwerin
Who care not for Prince or for Queen
Who will haul down the Red White and Blue boys
And hoist up the Red White and Green.

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Tue May 22, 2007 11:40 am

Dont you remeber back in the 50s and sixties,until I dont know when, in Holiday camps in the UK, parents would leave their babies in their chalet's,and a band of wandering childminders would go round listening out for them? On the showstage, was a light that would flash "Baby crying in chalet No .. " And it was also announced on stage. We cant judge the circumstances they were in,was it common for other parents there to do it?

catweazle
doeth

Post by catweazle » Wed May 30, 2007 5:06 pm

When our children were young we never partook of these facilities or Creche's. I don't claim to be a perfect parent, but until they started school they weren't out of our sight unless asleep in the next bedroom of our home.
It always seemed obvious to me that the more "safe" and "family orientated" these complexes were, whether at home or abroad, they were an ideal fishing ground for any child abductors, because parents were possibly less stringent in their parental duties due to a "comfort" factor.
I still feel for the McCann's, i don't think I'd be able to live with the guilt, and
i still pray that when I log on to my media fav's, I'll see that she's been found safe and sound.

Regards Cat, still praying and hoping.
Here's to the sons of the Gwerin
Who care not for Prince or for Queen
Who will haul down the Red White and Blue boys
And hoist up the Red White and Green.