The Fegg Diaries

This forum is a community resource for the people of St Davids and those in the wider world with an interest in the city. Please respect your fellow users and refrain from posting anything that could be considered offensive by the community.
This forum is intended for non commercial use if you wish to promote your goods or services please contact the Webjanitor.
Mae'r bwrdd neges hwn yn modd i bobl Tyddewi ac i'r rhai hynny sydd a ddiddordeb yn y ddinas. Byddwch yn barchus i'ch cyd-defnyddwyr a pheidiwch postio unrhyw beth a fydd yn atgasu'r cymdeithas.
Open forum
Register to become a Member and gain extra options.
the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:26 am

:lol:

LOBBY, LOBBY, LOBBY!!!!!

Prancer sir.....Methinks said WJ doesn't peruse this fair site as often as he once did!!

LOBBY!!!!!

Be safe!

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:46 am

When did he last post anything? Maybe he's gone the way of Fegg - or maybe he is fegg!
Prancing is for dancers, masking is for liars.

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:55 am

Hey, thats a thought, perhaps he is Crusty as well?.....and Sue............er!! I hope not........i have this endearing image of our Sue as someone rather erotic!

Perhaps he was Herbs as well?............In fact, he might be me? Or you?.........Or him???.............ARGHHHH!!!!

We await his/her/its/my/your/their........imput?

Be safe!

Sue
doeth

Post by Sue » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:12 pm

I hope that fact I seemed to be continuously arguing with Fegg proves I am NOT him. Either that or he has some serious personality issues...

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:52 pm

:(

Still no word from WJ, perhaps he doesn't visit the site anymore?

For any catholics........It was Corpus Christie last week and in my little town, its traditional for the neighbours of the local church to fill the streets around the church with spectacular designs of petals and flower heads.

They start early morning and everyone joins in.........then early evening, the townsfolk bearing huge religious icons follow the priest as they all trample through them on the way to a service......Neat eh??

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1125/538 ... f16b_b.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1006/538 ... f137_b.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1408/538 ... cdd3_b.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1048/538 ... cee3_b.jpg

lewdnuance
doeth

Post by lewdnuance » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:03 am

As it says in the ancienct sanskrit vedas, "We are all Fegg and everyone is Fegg" - but you try telling that to the inalnd revenue.
On the subject of Sue, i too imagine her as reasonably nubile, and without wishing to harrass her in any way, would gladly sponsor any move to have her perform something interesting and broadcast it on Youtube - but before we talk numbers and contracts, how old are you Sue?
Sometimes we have stop turning away, sometimes the good people have to make a stand!

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:30 am

Well beast, it may have been Corpus Christie,but very little if any Christian event,is celebrated here, other than actually inside a church.

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:36 am

And yet 37,338,000 people inthe last UK census said they were Christian. A surprisnigly high number considering the impression we are given of ourselves as a non-spiritual people.

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:04 pm

Yes Prancer, but thats about as good as asking someone if they are a nice person! Most will say yes, even if they arent.

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:26 am

Really Bobby, would you?

lewdnuance
doeth

Post by lewdnuance » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:53 am

Hey Bobby, just because the poll gives an aswer you're not happy with doesn't mean you can reject it out of hand by assuming you know the real reason they said what they said. Could it possibly be that because you don't like the idea of the vast majority of people in England maintaining some kind of belief in the Christian faith you convince yourself that they don't? Just a thought.
Sometimes we have stop turning away, sometimes the good people have to make a stand!

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:43 pm

I'm always sceptical about surveys!!!

What survey.........Wheres the registration number for it, who polled it?? Who answered the question?

Its a bit anyway!

Are you a christian............Over 90% of British born children who's grandparents were also British were brought up in the Christian faith, whatever denomination.........So the answer will be a large number!

I always tell the truth anyway.......Am i a nice person...........You bet!!

Be safe! :wink:

the beast
doeth

Post by the beast » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:44 pm

Sorry that should read 'Its a bit of a vague question'!

the beast
doeth

Have i found Fegg???

Post by the beast » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:19 pm

Just browsing around and thought of Fegg so went a-looking.......Is this him?????

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/speakou ... t_10.shtml

8)
Sounds like something he would do!!

Be safe

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:33 am

it wasn't a poll as such, it was the 1991 census for England and Wales - a lot of people, so not something that can be rejected as unrepresentitve. Secondly, the wording of the question was simple and neutral, a small minority, 7,700,000 chose no religion, but the overwhelming choice was to recognise themselves as Christian.

lewdnuance
doeth

Post by lewdnuance » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:34 am

Bert certainly gets around. Good man.

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:34 pm

I have no objection to people being Christian, buts its amazing how many claim to be, that may well not be!

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:42 am

"that may well be not" - what is this phrase about? If someone thinks they believe something, noone yet has the power to say otherwise. Are you simply going by the way they live or the other attitudes they express on the assumption that these don't conform to your own idea of what a "Christian" should be? It genuinely intrigues me.

Bobby
doeth

Post by Bobby » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:44 am

What I am trying to say, but without judging other peoples behaviour, is that in this country,if you ask someone if they are christian most [not all] will say yes,its like asking someone if they are a good person,most will say yes,even if they robbed the bank last night!
To say what a Christian is,is difficult,but to say what is not christian is not,I have been glared at and snubbed in church,because gossip accused me of things I hadnt done,thats not Christian! Gossip of any kind is not either,and there is a lot here.
Going to church doesnt make you one either,as does the fact that if you dont go,doesnt mean you arent one; years ago people went to church because "It was the done thing"and that attitude hasnt completely gone yet,sometimes people having the Holier than thou attitude.
I havent all the answers,but church can be divisive,look at Northern Ireland,but the people planting bombs were hardly Christian.

prancer
Site Admin

Post by prancer » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:59 am

It's possible to be a Christian who fails to live out the teaching of his faith. There is an ancient saying, "Even the devil believes!". In other words, belief in the essentials of the faith are not in themselves sufficient to make one acceptable to god, however, there is also a clear understanding in Christianity that no one actually fulfilla all the requirements Christ makes of us, and yet still we can be acceptable to God through His forgiveness and mercy.
So where we draw the line between the two ends of the spectrum is not really up to us to decide. We simply each have to do our best to live inaccordance with Christian ethics and doctrine, and where we fail we turn to God's mercy.
However, a very strong theme throughout Christ's teaching is to avoid trying to judge the spritiual state of others, but be concerned with our own sin - the beam in our own eye not the splinter in our neighbour's. It is sad that you have been treated poorly by people who maintain belief in Christ, I don't know the full details, but theologically it is an opportunity for you to exercise forgiveness, and leave the omniscient judge to make the "final call". But however badly they treated you, the degree of their Christian faith, and ultimately (getting back to our original point) the decision to call themselves "Christian", is a matter between them and God (and also the government if we think it is legitimate to ask such things in a census form, but that's another issue).